Search News from Limbo

Monday, April 12, 2010

N.Y. Times as conspiracy theorist

One has to wonder whether the New York Times would be capable in 2010 of publishing the Pentagon papers, which disclosed a conspiracy to deceive Americans about the Vietnam war, thus treasonously sending young men into harm's way under false pretenses.

Or would the newspaper instead have a few hand-picked "journalists" snipe at "conspiracy theorists" while ignoring the trove of evidence?

Of note:
* My wrapup report of 2004, "Reporters under siege," (see link list) had a hit counter number of 129 a few minutes ago. Such a number implies censorship of either the web site or the hit counter.  The page was made widely available at the time of publication.

* A trick to limit dissemination: I discovered some years ago that one could shorten the lycos/angelfire url to simply angelfire, and that worked fine. So I began using that form on my free web pages. However, I later noticed that when the full "lycos" address was used, the link wouldn't work. In other words, a change was made in the distribution protocol that gave cover for limiting access to my pages.

This is one of numerous such subterfuges that I will mention from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment